Monday, August 05, 2013

Shopping from ebay: Beaulieu Movie Cameras


  


 










One of my most prized, obsolete possessions is a Beaulieu S2008 Super 8 motion picture camera.  I've owned this camera for over twenty years without using it to shoot a single frame of film.  I purchased it in the 90s from the original owner who advised me to replace the decaying battery.  After costing out my options, I discovered that a replacement battery would cost more than the camera was worth.  As it were, I've held onto the non functional camera as evidence of an era when film and motion picture cameras were designed to be both functional, durable and beautiful.  In researching my own camera, I discovered all sorts of terrific print ephemera on ebay including operating manuals, lens boxes and magazine ads.  I'm posting a few of my favorite examples plus hero shots of several stunning Beaulieu motion picture camera models. 

No comments: