Monday, June 06, 2011

Shawl Collar Summer


Before you store your woolens for the summer, consider keeping out a few pieces for cooler nights, hiking trips or sun protection at the beach. Summer weather does not preclude wool in many parts of the country. Since I work in a basement, I wear my shawl collar year round given that the temperature and light cues in my workplace never vary. A friend keeps one at her desk to ward off the chill of the air conditioner.

My wool jackets and heavier sweaters are getting the cedar block and zippered bag treatment this week. But I'll be keeping out some year round favorites like my Stark cardigan and Centralia multiweave.

Before you reach for your cotton hoodie, consider a wool wrap instead. Performance will be the same but you will cut a much finer figure.

No comments: