Thursday, May 23, 2013

Archival Permanent - PDX

In Randonneuring, a perm is a permanent route you can schedule to ride at any time. On Saturday, I rode Michal Young's scenic Alsea 200k loop with several friends from the Oregon Randonneurs. On Sunday, I dragged my friend Bruce up to Portland for what I would consider my favorite Archival shopping perm.  The loop starts somewhere around Eye Styles, migrates over to Little Tee for lunch followed by gabbing and gawking at Blake, coffee at Barista, more aspirational shopping at Lizard Lounge and than a post meal retreat to Cinema 21. Though I rarely make purchases on my perm, I  consistently catch and release the same evidential photos: Japanese eyewear, FWK Engineered Garments, heritage footwear,  denim and print ephemera from the movies.  Contact me if you wish to recreate my route.  I will provide you with a start time, a list of controls and a few informational questions to confirm that you followed the correct route.   Here is some evidence of participation from my weekend:

Theo taking a white line nap next to his lovely MAP custom 

Vanilla and Map randos outside John Boy's Alsea Mercantile (via Theo Elliot)

  
Our rando mob (photo by Asta C.)

Bruce modeling Barton Perreira...

  ...matching suede green Quoddy mocs

  
Croque Madame at Little Tee

  
Sport footwear check: Oak Street and Arche

  

  

Aspirational FWK at Blake

  
  A rare patch from the Jantzen swimwear company

Sam's Yuketen boots 

Spot watch check: a Filson rep's Marathon chronograph

Neil sampling frites and cidre at Irving Kitchen

Mildred Pierce at Cinema 21

No comments: