Wednesday, April 03, 2013

From the Archives - Les Compagnons

  
I never tire of reprinting print ephemera from the collection of Pillpat (agence eureka).  Next to the Library of Congress, no other flickr stream issues forth so many amazing, hard to source images of French clothing catalogs, playing cards, maps, children's books, educational texts and party games from the early to mid twentieth century.  Here's a terrific, scouting themed coloring book, Les Compagnons, that defies the user to reproduce or improve upon what has already been illustrated.  While the coloring book lacks explanatory text, its presentation of well appointed campers and hyper stylized camp sites reminds me of Tom's beloved Little Golden Book of Camping and Camp Craft (1959).  I'm including a few blank page in case Archival readers wish to draw up their own aspirational scenes from camp.   Scan and send me the results. I'll repost in a future blog.





  


No comments: