Thursday, November 08, 2012

Shopping from the past - Rugby Kit

 1920s - Femina Sports

  1925 - Unknown team

Femina Hirondelles à Chateauroux - 1925

1925 - Toulouse 

  1920s - André Theuriet (SCUF) + captains 

 Football féminin (Le Petit Journal Illustré 18 novembre 1923)

From the Frederick Humbert Rugby Pioneers archives, I present evidence that the best dressed sport of the 20th century was women's rugby.  I propose that we shop from these French photographs for a new kind of universal, unisex sports ensemble.  My Archival sports uniform would combine all the sartorial features of  the 1920s era rugby kit: bold stripes, spread collars, wool cardigans, belted shorts, high socks, head scarves and  lace up boots.  I don't play team sports but I'd gladly pose for a group photo, or arrogant victory snap, sporting such fetching garb. 

No comments: