Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Coffee Shops of 1950s London



Long before the Seattle-based coffeehouse explosion of the 80s and 90s, there was a coffeehouse explosion in London.

Love this sweater

I've been digging this contemporary spot that shows the range of coffeehouse styles, from "cool cats" to "university eggheads."

Love this sweater even more

As I get ready to head back to Oregon for a month this holiday season, I'm looking forward to visiting some of my favorite coffeehouses - especially the ones with friendly baristas and a good cheap cup of drip coffee.

Aspirational Storefront

Gossip Girls

Ex-pats

Astrologer

Eton and Oxford representative


Film producers

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Great post. Made me think of Lindsay Anderson's less wholesome use of the British coffee shop in 1968 (nsfw?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvaeADC4-E8