Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Archival News: Fitted waxed cotton and tweed jackets from John Partridge





John Partridge has always been something of an ephemeral clothing company. I own product catalogs for JP from the mid-Nineties which pitch the company as an out-of-reach, luxury clothing brand. In the last few years, the company disappeared from view and I assumed that they had gone out of business (reinforced by the sudden US availability of their clothing, on steep discount, through Sierra Trading Post). Checking my collection of dead stock web links, I found an updated JP website featuring a highly promising (and more affordable?) range of waxed and tweed jackets for men and women. I'm intrigued by the pictured hacking jackets (with leather accessory belts) and the many variations on the traditional waxed cotton jacket and quilted bodywarmer.

No comments: