Friday, October 31, 2008

Archival News: Jitensha Wool Knickers


Hiroshi of Jitensha studio is now selling a lovely, alpine style wool cycling knicker made by a small shop in Japan. Though I'm not a fan of some of the individual details (pleated front or lower buckle clasps), the overall design looks terrific. They remind me of the cycling knickers originally offered by now-out-of-business, Hebden Cord Co. Ltd. I also like the look of the of the Marresi Storica style cycling shoes (worn by the model) but I'm not sure quite how I would ever go about identifying my size or placing an order. Has anyone tried the knickers or Marresi shoes? If not, place an order and let us know.

2 comments:

Rob said...

This is the response I received:

Thank you for your email.

The shipping and handling for the knickers is $10.

You may place an order by phone or by email.
Please provide your credit card information as well
as your billing/shipping address.

Thank you for your interest.

Warmly,


natsumi iimura
jitensha studio
510.540.6240 (tues-sat. 11-5pm )
www.jitensha.com

Lesli Larson said...

Rob--

Are you going to order a pair? If so, please post some photos to flickr. I might try out a pair in a month--once I hear more about fit and finish.