Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Shopping From The Past: Dog Obedience Manuals


Winifred, expert obedience trainer.


The tweedy "crank and yank" handler.



Training guru in original '82 VHS instructional tape footage: nylon shorts, white socks and deck shoes (one training module demonstrates how to train your dog to wait for you by the ice machine outside of the local 7-11).


Sara and Chaz in practice garb (animal obedience engineered by offscreen presence).

From Winifred Strickland's Expert Obedience Training for Dogs (Macmillan 1969): "I started making my own leashes when I discovered I could not buy what I wanted. I wanted a five-foot lead, lightweight, soft, but strong, and in a variety of colors to match whatever dress I was wearing."

1 comment:

reverend dick said...

Style all around. Save for the white socks...but they do go well with 7-11, I suppose.